This morning, as my little dears are sleeping over at Mama and Papa's, I decided it was a great time to ORGANIZE! My Email addresses are now appropriately written in my paper address book and my Outlook Express Address Book. I will not let them get away from me again - blech! What a job to do it all at once.
Man, why do I do this? ...my husband wanders into the den every few minutes, tells me we need to spend time together, then I find another way to organize something that I've just done one way..
I think when I spent time in Japan teaching English, and I had to do mountains of paperwork (very neatly) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, over and over again...it stuck. Now I have friends tell me that I should help others get organized...for a living! No...
I do think that my day is more efficient when I can get what I need, when I need it and not have to search for it. I also think the children who are in and out of my house appreciate that fact they can find food, toys, crafts, books, etc., without having to ask me where they are. So it makes all of us happier and less frustrated.
However, I know individuals who thrive on the comfort that having their stuff all around them in piles or the like brings them. They have less of a need to "deal with" things immediately. Their attitude is later is better because now something else crucial has risen to the surface and is squeaking at them.
My boys and I had a devotion a while back about being lazy...
I've come to understand from my Alden that messiness does not necessarily infer laziness. Rather he is saving time by not putting things away; when he returns to the said location in a few hours, everything is ready to go again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree. organizing is in your blood. i remember first meeting you and you were trying to give me a snapshot of how orderly you were and you said," you know monica from friends?..." and now that i know you better -- it's true!
love from one of the paper piling individuals
Post a Comment